The Holistic Shop
GO Bamboo Toothbrushes
available in both Adult and Children's
We think bamboo is a pretty fascinating natural material.
Bamboo is an effective, affordable alternative to plastic for many disposable and limited life span plastic items - and it also has many environmental benefits.
The bamboo used in Go Bamboo products is Moso bamboo. This variety isn’t one of the 30 varieties eaten by the Giant and Red Pandas, as it is too large and woody.
By considerately planting more bamboo we can help to cut global levels of carbon dioxide and reduce global warming. By choosing bamboo as an alternative to plastic you are making an active choice to reduce your carbon footprint.
Go Bamboo won the waste minimisation section of the 2012 Green Ribbon Awards, which honour outstanding contributions to protecting New Zealand’s environment. They are serious about keeping plastic off our coastlines and beaches and out of our oceans.
- can absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere between 7-30% more effectively than an equivalent area of forest
- emits up to 30% more oxygen than equivalent areas of trees
- has the tensile strength of steel
- needs no pesticides, fertiliser and isn’t routinely irrigated
- is strong, biodegradable and beautiful
- is fast growing with some varieties growing up to a meter a day
- has a yield six times greater than regular trees
- needs half as much water as regular trees
- doesn’t need fertilisers or pesticides
- has no genetically modified variants